[Malte] Help with Notarial Acts / Early records.
Fascinating -- thank you again for your great assistance on this, it's truly appreciated.

I too had been totally distracted by Matteo, and hadn't yet focused on Giulio.

Not only have you accelerated my own search, but I you have gone far beyond what I could have achieved.

On the marriage between Marino DEBONO and Maria MALLIA. 

I also have difficulty deciphering those words--it requires a sharp eye even to identify "Mro Marino" at first glance.
However, I would have expected in that place either parents, or the surname.  Could the first words be "di Bono"?  I cannot see any other mention of the surname in this image.  The 4th word after "Marino" appears to begin with "M". 
If this Marino (B) was the widower (Marino A), then I would have looked for "vid/viduus" somewhere, although I don't know how common that is on marriage records. (I have mainly found vidua/viduus on death records.)

An important question from me, is where did you retrieve this record from?

I had this marriage from Adami, which for Qormi in this period seemed more of a 'listing' than the original record:

(with the same Giacobo + Agostina).

You have provided a lot of revelations. I wasn't aware of the 1601 census--is this information also from The People of the North?

I agree that the Don Giuliano must be the same Giulio whose testament in 1607 names Mario, and who is the parent of Marino A.

I think the missing link could be Marino's death--which if A=B then could mention both wives. I have tried finding Marino's death (assumed in Naxxar), but no luck so far. I will try to continue this search. I will also revisit the early Baptisms.

I'm inclined to think Marino A = Marino B, based on the assumptions that (i) he almost certainly would have remarried, and (ii) the mention of the son "Mario" on Giulio/Margarita's testament and census.I know Mario/Marino can be used interchangeably, for example, recalling Giovanni's marriage in 1658, I have one record from Adami, and one from the Church, and one has Mario, the other Marino:

Although I would still seek hard proof!

Fascinating that there were two Giulianos in Naxxar at that time.

I will endeavor to add to your trees-I have a few Baptisms and Deaths for some of the DEBONO descendants of Marino.

Thank you again--it was a pleasure reading your posts.

Regards
John
  Répondre

Messages dans ce sujet
RE: Help with Notarial Acts / Early records. - par jd__87 - 01-02-2023, 00:15

Atteindre :

Utilisateur(s) parcourant ce sujet : 1 visiteur(s)