[Malte] Help with Notarial Acts / Early records.
NSV,

Thank you for your time and attention on this matter.

I feel reassured that you've also concluded that this might be a dead end.

I seem to recall 2-3 years ago I also found some conflicting records on Geneanet, for which I could find no sources. I attributed it to some 'wishful' thinking.

I now think I can discard Matteo. Thanks for clarifying this--I'm very grateful for your time.
Now things are slightly clearer, I think I will try to pursue one further avenue, before closing the matter:

There is a notarial marriage contract between a Marino Debono (of Naxxar) and Caterina Ciantar in 1616.  IF(!) this was an earlier marriage, (before 1632 x Maria Mallia), then this gives the groom's father as Giulio.

There is a testament from Giulio Debono (Naxxar) in 1607, naming sons Damiano and Mario. I've seen Marino at least once written as Mario.

There is no testament from Marino, but there is a 'donation' from Marino Debono (son of Giulio) and 'Maria' in 1666. I would have expected Marino to have died by then, but maybe his wife Maria survived. This act mentions 4 children, which correctly match 4 out of 8 children of Marino + Maria. Perhaps the others were married or not in need.

Quite a lot of 'ifs', but my next task will be to try to view these notarial acts.

Regards
John
  Répondre

Messages dans ce sujet
RE: Help with Notarial Acts / Early records. - par jd__87 - 30-01-2023, 17:49

Atteindre :

Utilisateur(s) parcourant ce sujet : 1 visiteur(s)