[Malte] MALTA MARRIAGES
Hello to everyone from South Australia, 

For a long time now I have been trying to obtain the marriage cetificate of Giacomo Martin and Maria Dolores Aloysia Carunua marriage date  20 June 1866 Vittoroisa with no success. I have tried through all the websites suggested, plus writing to the parishes, and also trying to purchase from Certifikat from Malta Idenity, which has issues with not just me but anyone who lives in South Australia, anyone who lives in South Australia can not purchase any certificates in Malta, but we can make purchases anywhere else in the world. 

It was suggested if I had relatives in Malta they could do it for me. Unfortunately I do not know if I have any living descendants in Malta, I am trying to build my famiy tree hoping I will find some living relatives.

I would really like to obtain and see the certificate because on Geneanum it states they were married in 1866 but their first child Vincenzo was born in 1860, Giacomo and Maria had 5 children born in Malta and 4 more born Smyrna, Turkey. Giacomo was a stoker on the HMS Medina which went to Malta. On Giacomo's Royal Navy records it has him in Malta 1859-1861, he was also on the Victoria Ship in 1866. 

Giacomo and Maria's children
Vncenzo born 1860
Carmela born 1863
Georgia born 1865
Giuseppe born1868
Maria born 1869

Weddings in Malta on Geneanum has Giacomo and Maria's marriage in in 1866 

Henry born1871
Alfred born 1876
Annetta born 1878
Henrietta born 1890

I am wondering if there has been a mistakes made with the marriage date? Does anyone know any other way I could obtain the certificate to see if the marriage date is wrong. I would also like the certificate to obatin the names of parents for confirmation, and names of any witness'. I have been trying to do this since January 2022, 8 months and still no success. Any help, advise and suggestions would be truly truly appreciated. Thank you to all those who have tried to help me.

Kndest tregards, 
Julie
  Répondre
Hello,

For Vittoriosa after 1831, we have only index done by the priest of Vittoriosa.
So we can't verify this information.

But we have transcribed correctly the index : 1866/06/20

I will send you a private mail, if you want further specific search.

N.

Pièces jointes Miniature(s)

Répondre
Thank you for your reply I have replied to your email.
  Répondre

Atteindre :

Utilisateur(s) parcourant ce sujet :