[Malte] FITENI/GAUCI
Hello,

My name is MacKenzie Wilson and I am actively researching my maternal great-grandparents and the preceding generations. 

Pio Fiteni - Born September 15, 1897, Sliema, Malta / Died February 3, 1974, ieta, Malta
Loretta Gauci - Born July 28, 1900, Gozo, Malta / Died January 3, 1998, Detroit, Michigan, USA

I have many records for when Pio and Loretta both landed in the States and numerous census records for them and their children (their third child, daughter Mary, was my grandmother), but I have had very little luck piecing together information for Loretta's two sisters, Lena and Michele, and Pio's 8 siblings.

Pio's parents were Michele (Felice) Fiteni (1835?) and Annunziata Manicaro (1859?) (to my knowledge). I have found a little on Michele Fiteni, but nothing for Annonziata Manicaro. I have 8 siblings, Charley, Paul, Joseph, Maria Concetta, Carmela, Stella, Pio, and Paul, but an Anna Maria is also associated across various family trees, yet she was born 20 years ahead of all the siblings. Could Michele have had Anna Maria with someone else prior to marrying Annunziata?

Loretta's parents names are, to my knowledge, are Joseph Gauci (1877?) and Marie Mercha, but I have not found anything in terms of actual births, baptisms, marriages and am unable to research beyond them. Joseph's parents were named, according to one U.S. Social Security document, Aubonio Gauci (1857?) and Evabgeliba Uniprud. Any searches I've done have turned up zero results.

Grateful for any insight anyone may have? Happy to be pointed in another direction, too. I've researched MyHeritage, Geneanum, Geneanet, Malta's National Archives for Europe, and a few other spots. 

Many thanks for reading.

Warm regards,

MacKenzie Wilson
  Répondre
Hello

On geneanum you can find :
1879-11-02 in bkara the wedding of Michele Fiteni and Annonziata MANICARO.
The parents are specified.

1894-10-20 in Ghajnsielem wedding of Giuseppe GAUCI and Maria MERCIECA
We don't have the name of Giuseppe parent's but you can ask for a civil record.

Yoi can continue of geneanum for the parents and so on

N.
  Répondre
Hello,

Your Loreta GAUCI appears on GM-Vol 10 - Baptisms (See Attachment).
No other children around 1900 in Gozo.

Pièces jointes Miniature(s)

Répondre
Thank you so much NSV. This is quite helpful! 

Gratefully,

MacKenzie

(20-04-2021, 23:19)NSV a écrit : Hello

N.

Oh wow, this is incredible! Thank you so much! Any chance you know what the fourth and seventh columns include? 

Gratefully,

MacKenzie

(21-04-2021, 16:25)Gander Georges a écrit : Hello,

Your Loreta GAUCI appears on GM-Vol 10 - Baptisms (See Attachment).
No other children around 1900 in Gozo.
  Répondre
Hello,

4 th : father GAUCI
5 & 6 th : mother
7 th : baptized child
  Répondre
(20-04-2021, 23:19)NSV a écrit : Hello

N.

For obtaining a civil record, would you recommend purchasing via the Certifikati.gov.mt site?
  Répondre
Yes
  Répondre

Atteindre :

Utilisateur(s) parcourant ce sujet : 1 visiteur(s)