[Malte] Qrendi Parish records
My wife's side of the family are descendants from Qrendi.  Can you please explain to me why there are no records from this parish.

Thank you
  Répondre
Hello,

We have 1 553 marriages from this very little town.
So yes there are records from this parish.

N.
  Répondre
[quote = "NSV" pid = '6135' dateline = '1612341426']
Hello,

We have 1,553 marriages from this very little town.
So yes there are records from this parish.

NOT.
[/ quote]

My apologies - my search is for the most difficult of surnames (Axiak, Axiaq, Asciak and other variations). I am looking for Antonio Asciak who married at Qrendi on 27/04/1924 to  Adelina Vella. Also Lawrence Asciak who married Philippa Farrugia at Qrendi on 02.14.1892. I was hoping to find those records, to confirm them and then build on them.

Do I assume that these are not listed because Geneanum has not found acts for them.

Many thanks and I do appreciate your great work
  Répondre
Bonjour The Baron,

Why not to request the certificate by mail at :
https://certifikati.gov.mt/en/Home

Please read the Geneanum Aids on :
http://www.geneanum.com/malte/recherche-...#Commander
  Répondre
I suggest to search using wildcard

For example A*IA will match all asciach spellings (but maybe others).

If you search on a specific parish and don't find the info.
First it's to determine the range of year that we cover. Easy to do, just filter only on the parish and sort by date.
For Qrendi it's 1619-1896.

So your two marriages are two recents for us.

As Georges said, ask the records. And with the record of Lawrence Asciak who married Philippa Farrugia, you will have their parents.
And, with hope, they will be in our database.

Don't hesitate to send the records, we will add it in our database.

(03-02-2021, 11:32)The Baron a écrit : My apologies - my search is for the most difficult of surnames (Axiak, Axiaq, Asciak and other variations). I am looking for Antonio Asciak who married at Qrendi on 27/04/1924 to  Adelina Vella. Also Lawrence Asciak who married Philippa Farrugia at Qrendi on 02.14.1892. I was hoping to find those records, to confirm them and then build on them.

Do I assume that these are not listed because Geneanum has not found acts for them.

Many thanks and I do appreciate your great work
  Répondre
Thank you very much.  I shall try to obtain the documents from Malta and will try your method to search.  
Keep up the great work - Merci
  Répondre

Atteindre :

Utilisateur(s) parcourant ce sujet : 1 visiteur(s)