[Malte] Sultana/Camoin
Hi there

My husbands family comes from Malta- he is a Sultana from the long line of Sultanas from Xhara/Gozo and his grandmother was married to a French descendent - Camoin . I'm trying to find any records of the Camoin Family in Malta.

Would also be greatfull if anyone has a loose translation of the old Free Status document issued in Malta in the 1800's Thanks Cris
  Répondre
  Répondre
Hi Francois

Happy New Year and thank you for getting back to me.

Yes I'm aware of the Camoin family in Marseilles and also know about the area / spa that is called Camoin but the information is not the same as that of GiuseppeAloisio Camoin was born in France, Saint-Nazaire on January 13, 1842. I have attached what I believe is some record of his marriage to this message, but i'm unable to read it, maybe you can let me know what this is. Looking at the date it says 1866 so it's not his birth certificate.

Having lived in Malta I believe his name changed to the Italian way of pronunciation as this was the official language in Malta for many years.

Jean Baptiste Camoin (Giovanni Batista)married to Susana Olimpia Bonfua. Bonfua is a Maltese name as far as I'm aware so I'm lost in his life in France if he was already living in Malta. I can not find any other records and my english is limited to google translation so i'm not making much progress on the French side of the family.

Any help is welcome!

Regards

Cris
  Répondre
Bonsoir,

Jean Baptiste CAMOIN a épousé Suzanne Olympe BONNEFOY le 5 février 1834 à Saint-Nazaire (Sanary-sur-Mer)

https://archives.var.fr/arkotheque/visio...m_rotate=F

Vue 45 - acte 4

Il est natif de Bandol

Cordialement

D. Quénéhervé
  Répondre
  Répondre
Bonjour,

J'avais répondu à ce message en donnant un lien vers le mariage de ses parents à Sanary-sur-Mer mais mon message ne semble pas être passé. De mémoire, le marié était natif de Bandol.

Cordialement

David Quénéhervé
  Répondre
Hi Francois

Yes I agree with you and found some records already with a bit of help of some members of the group. Thank you for pointing out as i would never have found it other wise.

Regards

Cris
  Répondre

Atteindre :

Utilisateur(s) parcourant ce sujet :