[Malte] CALLUS Marriage in Zebbug c.1800
Hi Josyanne,

Do you have access to marriage records for Zebbug c. 1800-1805 please?

I have recently discovered my GGG GF's brother Alexandre CALLUS was exiled to Corsica with his family, Therese Callus ep Secondini and their daughter Catherine (Marie Catherine Jerome)at the end of the Valletta Blockade in 1800 but I am not sure exactly how soon after the end of the blockade they got out. I had previously supposed Alexandre married Therese in Corsica c. 1804 and Catherine was born after this. However their names have appeared in the list of refugees from the Valletta siege so this means he must have married earlier in Malta.

Alexandre was bapt Phillip Alexandre Augustus Callus on 7 July 1779 in Zebbug so he would have been 19 years old in 1798 when Napoleon first landed. His father was Andrea Callus, mother Catherina Cauchi of Zebbug.

I have found only one Therese Secondini in Geneanum and she was baptised in Valletta 1791 so would only have been 9 years old in 1800, far too young to have been married or capable of having a child. There must be another person of the same name.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Angela Fry
  Répondre
Hi Angela,

May I ask how you found so much historical information on your family?

I have done a lot of research on my family but it is all names and dates and some people especially sons appear to disappear- I would love to know what happened to them, whether they went abroad etc.

Many thanks

Rachel Selway nee Gatt
  Répondre
Hi Maxcia,

In answer to your query about how I found out so much about my family in Malta, it is a combination of good luck and widening my research beyond the usual vital records. I have been lucky in that a lot of tantalising anecdotes have been passed down the family which gave me some good starting points, such as 'an ancestor died in the plague of Malta', 'another went to Corsica after Napoleon' and so on.

I have used these to find out more about the key events and places that they appear in and then try to make further connections. I also write up my stories in a family history blog as this sometimes gets responses from other people searching the same families or neighbourhoods. I always record my sources on the blog, so if you take a look you may find some ideas for taking your own research forward : From Lancs to the Levant

From Lancs to the Levant

Travels into my family's past

Afficher sur lancstolevant.wor...

Aperçu par Yahoo

I hope this helps. Good luck.

Angela
  Répondre
Sorry not Maxcia, that should have been to Rachel.

Angela
  Répondre
Thanks Angela
  Répondre

Atteindre :

Utilisateur(s) parcourant ce sujet :