[Malte] Borg family
Hello,

I am really struggling to find information on my family. I've got several online Borg family trees. I was hoping that maybe family around the world would see them and contact me. I haven't had anyone contact me or any matches other than the information I put in them and they pop up in others.

Would you know the best way to get free information for tracking family names, birth and death dates? I am mainly after details from my mothers family. My mother just turned 97 and is one of two siblings left alive from 21 children.

Parents names George Borg and Giuesppa Borg nee Gauci. Both born in the 1880's. They lived in Hal Qormi. My mothers name is Agnese Borg nee Borg and she has 10 children. We immigrated to Australia in 1964. I would dearly love to track down photos of her parents and 2 older sisters who she remembers most of all as they looked after the younger ones. As mum's memory is fading I would love to help her hold onto what means so much to her.

Any help would be so much appreciated.

Sincerely,
  Répondre
Hi,

I have Borgs in my line too, but I’m sure most everyone does as it’s the most common Maltese name, lol.

If I were you I would begin by ordering the marriage certificate of your grandparents, that would give you the name of both of their parents as well as the bride and grooms age at marriage.

Unfortunately Qormi is not online at the archives.maltadiocese.org website as yet and not many marriages have been transcribed on the geneanum website as yet – I’m in the same boat – I have left all my Qormi lines till I can get hold of the records.

I did, today get a reply from the Qormi parish about a marriage record I had asked for, which was a wonderful surprise as I have been after that record all year.

The government website for ordering birth, marriage and death records is https://secure2.gov.mt/certifikati/

You can order online and they ship overseas.

Good Luck, if you get into Birkikara, let me know, that’s where my Borgs are from.

All the best

Rachel
  Répondre
Hi Rachel,

I hope you and all the Malte-Genealogie group had a lovely Christmas and will have a wonderful New Year.

I have all my great-grandparents names, but missing a few of their siblings names and details.

I was fortunate enough to make contact with a priest that was lovely enough to search the records and find names of 16 children. I contacted that many people and groups that I don't remember where I got his details from as I would like to say thank you. I think I am just so exhausted from all the different projects I have going.

I look forward to the day when the Qormi records become available on line. Wouldn't it be awesome if we were related down the line somewhere?

Thank you,

Have a great day!

Mariza
  Répondre
Hi Rachel, all my relatives are Borg's are from Birkirkara. I would love to compare trees. I can send you an invite to view my tree on Ancestry. Are you on Ancestry? If so, what's your user name? Carmenborg(at)sbcglobal.net
  Répondre
Yes I am on ancestry.

But I looked and my main line of Borgs is in Siggiewi.

But it would still be worth a look.

I probably need to update it.

I think my user name is rachelselway but I'll check tomorrow when I get time
  Répondre

Atteindre :

Utilisateur(s) parcourant ce sujet : 1 visiteur(s)