[Malte] FW: Bonnici
  Répondre
BONJOUR

If you check the bapt in zeitun you will find 2 Filomena BONNICI ° in 1842 - registers on line till 1851

1/ Filomena Anna Caterina daughter of Angelo and Francesca GALEA photo 29 (married in 1827 zeitun)

2/ Filomena Caterina Maria Elisabetta daughter of Pietro Paolo and Claudia PSAILA photo 31 (married in 1835 in zeitun)

if that can help ???

seems to be the only Filomena I found

Josyanne
  Répondre
Thank you so much Josyanne,

There are actually three that fit the time frame.

My computer just broke and the new one is not up and running as yet so I can't check the notes I have on it.

But I know I wrote down three possibles, so that is all good, but until I check the marriage register, I know her father was Joseph/Giuseppe but there were three Joseph Bonnicis having children in Zetjun at that time.

And the problem with Maltese names is that the child is not always known by the first given name, they could be known by any one. So any girl that has Filomena as a given name and is the daughter of a Joseph Bonnici, is a possible.

Out of the three possibles that I have, the only way to know for certain which one is correct is to see the marriage certificate to know the mothers name.

After that, I will know which one is my grandmother and can continue my research in Zetjun.

But, the marriage did not take place in Zetjun, it must have been Qormi, so I need someone to look up a Qormi marraige for me.

I have tried emailing the parish but no reply.

I was hoping that perhaps someone on here lives in Malta and would look it up for me, or I will need to hire a genealogist to find the marriage for me.

Thank you, I appreciate you taking the time to look for her for me.

All the best

Rachel
  Répondre
Hi Rachel,

Writing to the parish is going the best idea I have because they did not start issuing certificates until 1863. Give it a try.

Carmen
  Répondre
why not buy a smal family tree from a prof genealogist ? at least 3 générations and after you can start searching by yourself

normally it is around 10 euros an act, which makes 30 euros

and you can pay py paypal ?

i Did it lots of time

where are you from ?

Josyanne
  Répondre
Thank you Josyanne,

My dad many years ago had a family tree made up by a genealogist, and I have since had the work checked and corrected by a genealogist.

Since the records have come online I have been able to do a lot of work as well as flying to Malta a couple of times to look at the original records.

Right now I am just stuck on this one name and until I can confirm who her mother is, I cannot go any further, the records are all online for Zetjun so I can do all the research myself except find this one marriage, which I believe took place in Qormi as the Zetjun parish say that the marriage did not occur there.

But, you are right, maybe I will just pay someone to look up the marriage for me.

If you have any recommendations, please let me know.

I am British but have lived in Canada a few years now, so travelling to Malta is very expensive.  I wish I was researching there years ago, it would have been so much cheaper to fly in and look at the records.

Thank you for your suggestions.

All the best

Rachel
  Répondre
you could try

Joseph BORG

Mr.Joe Borg

research(at)maltanet.net

OR THE LANFRANCO

you will have to check with Google for his adress - i cannot remember it

Josyanne
  Répondre

Atteindre :

Utilisateur(s) parcourant ce sujet : 1 visiteur(s)