[Malte] Lauro
I am seeking information on the Lauro surname. I have located a few relevant records of my Lauro ancestors in the marriage database below:

1813-05-11
LAURO
Matteo
Matteo

DE FUNES ou DESFUNES
Emmanuela

SCHEMBRI
Maria Teresa
Francesco

BUGEJA
Caterina

Zejtun

1814-06-07
LAURO
Giuseppe Maria
Matteo

FUNAS
Emmanuela

FIOTT
Benedetta
Feliciano

SANTURINO ou SANTUCCI
Caterina

de Zeitun

Valletta St Paul Le N

1820-04-15
GIORDAN
Giorgio
Giuseppe

CAMILLERI
Grazia

LAURO
Francesca
Matteo

TUREF / XUREF
Emmanuela

de Senglea

Porto Salvo

Lauro is not a common name in Malta. I have heard that it is interchangeable with Lauron, a French surname. (There are a handful of Lauron's in the Malta database.) My family's oral history reports that they may have been British, but I have uncovered no evidence of this.  I do not have any information on where the Lauro's originated.  If anyone has any information on the Lauro genealogy or has Lauro ancestry, I'd appreciate any assistance you could provide. To summarize, the ancestor is LAURO, MATTEO. His wife's surname is unclear, variously recorded as DESFUNES/DE FUNES/FUNAS and even ZUREFin the Malta database. Her first name was EMMANUELA. They had at least three children: Maria Concetta was born in Spain (according to her death certificate)and died in Palermo; Francesca was married in Malta; and Giuseppe Maria was also married in Malta. I have found no evidence of any children of Giuseppe Maria or Francesca. Maria Concetta Lauro is my fourth great-grandmother. 
Thanks.
  Répondre
Bonjour

you will have to check on the spelling of th surname

for example Francesca LAURO is spelt LARRE at her chidren marriage

obviously it sound french I thought at the LANZON ? but does not seem to be right - look at LAUREA LAURINA LAURIA

I will send you in private the photos of the marriages you mentionned

josyanne
  Répondre
Thanks, Josyanne. I can't believe I missed that marriage record of Francesca's son- good catch.I looked at all variations of the Lauro name on the Malta marriages database but couldn't make any immediate connections. I have written the Maltese churches to find further information on Matteo Lauro, Maria Concetta's father, as I assume he died in Malta.Do you know of any plans to photograph more of the Maltese baptismal and burial records? If the churches agree, it would be a really useful project. 

Thanks again for the help and the photo. 
  Répondre
if you live in Malta you just go to the church and ask the priest

some of them are ok ...some not

otherwise you can buy dvd roms at that adress : http://www.hmml.org/centers/malta10/cath...arish.html

Hill Museum
& Manuscript Library | Saint John's University |

it take at least 2 months before you receive them but it is worth it, I have several of them concerning mainly Birkirkara and I have most of Vittoriosa : Births deceased and marriages

and some others

josyanne
  Répondre
Josyanne,
Thanks for this. I have a question about the information on the dvds. I am assuming that my ancestor was not born or married in Malta but that he died in Malta. Do the Malta death records you've seen have the names of parents of the deceased and/or birthplace of the deceased?  Or are they more limited (eg, just the name of the deceased, the date of death).

Thanks
  Répondre
It depends

have a look here : http://www.geneanum.com/malte/bases/sepultures.html

josyanne
  Répondre

Atteindre :

Utilisateur(s) parcourant ce sujet : 1 visiteur(s)