[Malte] Parrocca Hal Lija
Hello Christine,

I hope someone can help me find more about one of my Great Grandfathers Francesco Xuereb in which somehow was separated/lost for 180 years.

About a year ago Anne Marie Xuereb contacted me from France and she got the same Great Grandfather (Both sides of the family knew of someone travelled to Australia and returned back to get Married. - [from where he boarded to go to Australia and where he returned too, I don’t know]).

Note:________ A Salvatore Xuereb (Could be his father)travelled alone from Port Marseilles (Unassisted Passenger Lists 1826-1922)on board a vessel name, El Kantara arriving at Port Sydney Australia on 25 May 1822.

After 180 years I found that he had another two brothers Andrea Laurent and Cajetan Pascal Xuereb Plus more (about 3 Brothers and a Sister).

I give you some Names and Dated in an endeavour of finding more about his birth, death and family etc.

My Great Grandfathers Name is: Francesco Xuereb (b abt. 1839. [Could be in Qormi, Malta]. That’s where his parents got married and his brothers born/Baptised – d?).

His Father: Salvatore Xuereb (b 28 Jan 1788, Valletta, Malta - d?).

His Mother: Paola de Gabrieli (b abt 1800 - d?). Married 7 Aug 1825 Qormi, Malta.

His Brother: Andre Laurent (b 14 May 1840 [Qormi, Malta?] - d 18 Dec 1895 Philippeville, Algeria).

His Brother: Cajetan Pascal (b 4 Jul 1848 Qormi, Malta - d 16 Jul 1901 Philippeville, Algeria).

Because of Famine and Disease.

Family and Friends packed their seeds and belonging and went to Algeria.

A short story from Anne-Marie Xuereb: In Algeria. The elders spoke little, especially not to the children, everything was a secret.

The papers of the boat (.........)were written in Maltese, nobody, in each port, being able to translate them, prohibition of docking, after a few weeks, going along the coast, Rusicade/Philippeville accepted the passengers and cargo, unfortunately, the seeds have rotten. (You either go back or stay and start at zero again)They decided to stay.

After several years, this is confirmed by the progress of the profession of marriage certificates, over time.

Further Note: On Maltese documents, the profession is never indicated. We had to look for somewhere to live, elsewhere because of Malta’s famine.

At the time there were epidemics, poor harvests and families were numerous.

There are other siblings to Andre and Cejetan with No DOB etc. Are: (Most Likely born in Philippeville, Algeria):-

Francesca, Andrea, Antonio, Carmelo another Francesco-must have died young.

His Wife: Marianna Agius (b about 1839 and d?)

Her Father: Michele Agius.

Her Mother: Carmela Agius nee Azzopardi.

A Further note: Salvatore XUEREB b 1798 was previously married to Nicolina Bonavia (b 1798 Porto Salvo, Valletta, Malta - d?)Married 12 Jun 1818 Valletta, Malta.

It will be nice to find some things about Francesco or, any additional information about the Family and How? or Why? The Family drifted apart or Lost all these years.

Sincerely Yours

Vincent Xuereb
  Répondre

Messages dans ce sujet
Parrocca Hal Lija - par cyril_bartolo - 24-05-2019, 22:10
RE: Parrocca Hal Lija - par christiane Charrel - 25-05-2019, 07:16
RE: Parrocca Hal Lija - par cyril_bartolo - 25-05-2019, 12:29
RE: Parrocca Hal Lija - par christiane Charrel - 25-05-2019, 18:32
Re: Parrocca Hal Lija - par vpxuereb - 25-05-2019, 23:43
RE: Parrocca Hal Lija - par christiane Charrel - 26-05-2019, 06:39
Re: Finding Francesco Xuereb (b and d)and his wife Paola de Gabrieli (b and d ?)and how or why did Francesco seperated f - par vpxuereb - 27-05-2019, 17:57

Atteindre :

Utilisateur(s) parcourant ce sujet : 1 visiteur(s)