21-09-2026, 08:43
Hello N.,
Thank you very much for searching the Birgu baptisms, it's very helpful to know there's no George Williams there for 1832–1837.
George's children were Samuel George, Francis Edward, Albert Victor, Selina Maud, Florence Josephine, Mary Jane and Henry Charles. So there is a Josephine and a Mary, although both names were very common at the time I believe.
On the Spiteri baptism, I notice the father is also written in Latin ("Josepho"), so I wonder whether "Willielmus" is simply the priest writing in Latin rather than a sign of foreign origin.
May I ask two things?
1. Could you check for any Georgius / Giorgio baptised in Birgu between 1830 and 1838 with a foreign surname, or with blank or unknown parents (a possible foundling)?
2. Which database are you using? Does it also cover Senglea and Cospicua?
Thank you again for your help,
Braith
Thank you very much for searching the Birgu baptisms, it's very helpful to know there's no George Williams there for 1832–1837.
George's children were Samuel George, Francis Edward, Albert Victor, Selina Maud, Florence Josephine, Mary Jane and Henry Charles. So there is a Josephine and a Mary, although both names were very common at the time I believe.
On the Spiteri baptism, I notice the father is also written in Latin ("Josepho"), so I wonder whether "Willielmus" is simply the priest writing in Latin rather than a sign of foreign origin.
May I ask two things?
1. Could you check for any Georgius / Giorgio baptised in Birgu between 1830 and 1838 with a foreign surname, or with blank or unknown parents (a possible foundling)?
2. Which database are you using? Does it also cover Senglea and Cospicua?
Thank you again for your help,
Braith