[Malte] Mercieca family
Hello and thank you for reading.

I have just found out that my surname should be Mercieca but my grandfather changed it when my father was young, when they travelled to England. As I will be in Malta tomorrow for a few days, I am interested to know where my family came from. I managed to trace my 2nd cousin who gave me this information:

My great grandfather, Rosario Mercieca was born in Malta. His mother was called Maria and his wife was called Marika Evasillis (Greek).Rosario had a brother called Angelo whose wife was called Ephrosia. Rosario's children are Josefine, Margaret, Salvatore, Joseph and Jack (my grandfather)

I've looked at the baptism lists but they are not listed, so maybe They come from Gozo?

I've ordered a DNA test and hope that will provide me with answers to my roots but as I will be in Malta soon, any information, anyone can give me will be gratefully received. I'd love to go to the town my family lived in.

Thank you in advance

Melissa
  Répondre
Hi Melissa,

Could you please provide some dates (BMD) for Rosario, Marika, Angelo and Ephrosia.
These information will help. Thanks.
  Répondre
(15-07-2024, 08:45)Gander Georges a écrit : Hi Melissa,

Could you please provide some dates (BMD) for Rosario, Marika, Angelo and Ephrosia.
These information will help. Thanks.

Hi George, thank you for replying.

I have Rosario Mercieca 1876-1951 and Marika Evasillis 1873 -1953. That's it I'm afraid.

Melissa
  Répondre
I don't clearly understand what information you are searching.

Do you search the baptisms of Rosario and Marika, or you have it already ?
Because since they born after 1863, you can obtain a full certificate from the public registry.
  Répondre

Atteindre :

Utilisateur(s) parcourant ce sujet : 1 visiteur(s)