[Malte] Trying to find records for Angelo or Charlie (Carmelo?) Bugeja
Hi, I am trying to find records about my grandfather Angelo Bugeja and then his parents and perhaps further back.
I don't have his birth certificate.
I have his marriage certificate. He was born in either 1909 or 1910 and he died in Australia in 1973.  He was born in Malta (I think in Mosta) and moved to Australia before marrying. His parents stayed in Malta. 
On his Australian marriage certificate it says his mother's name is Caurry Camilleri and his father is Charlie Bugeja, I assume Carmelo. I don't know what Caurry stands for in Maltese.  He married Annunziata Camilleri, who I have been able to trace (because I have birth certificates for her and both her parents).
I found a record for Angelo Bugeja passport 1921, from Mosta. This is probably him. 
He had quite a few siblings including Maria (married a Sant and moved to Australia) and Jim (possibly Giomaria) (also moved to Australia).
Any help appreciated, thankyou.
  Répondre
Hello,

Charlie stands for Carlo, but could also be Carmelo (the name matching between language is not a exact science)
For Caurry, I supposed, it also stands for Carla or Carmela.

Unfortunately, we only have marriages up to 1890. And I supposed the parents of Angelo married between 1890 and 1910.

You can try to ask Mosta parish, by mail, to obtain this marriage.
You can also ask to the National Archives (customercare.archives@gov.mt) for the archive GLC-08-04-059 (Mosta marriages from 1611 to 1922).
You could ask for a period of time (0,5 euros per page). I think it's the better option since you don't have a exact date.

N.
  Répondre

Atteindre :

Utilisateur(s) parcourant ce sujet : 1 visiteur(s)