[Malte] Confusing Marriage Record
Hi, 

After the update to the records in Zebbug. I recorded the marriage record of Angelo Sammut and Maria Cuschieri (1802-07-24), It stated Angelo was from Lija. The record stated Angelo's parents as Salvatore Sammut and Maria Zarb, then Maria's parents as Andrea Cuschieri and Maria Pulis. I managed to trace the Sammut/Zarb records back pretty far and the names following Angelo and Maria's ancestors made sense to my known tree however I wasn't able to trace the Cuschieri/Pulis side at all. However the record has changed or updated since then and lists Angelo's and Maria's Mothers as something different.

In the updated record, Angelo and Maria's fathers remain the same but the Angelo's mother is now Maria Pulis not Zarb. Maria Cuschieri's Mother is now Rosa Pulis not Maria Pulis. I can now trace the Cuschieri/Pulis side far but as I search for the Salvatore Sammut and Maria Pulis nothing shows up, I also tried to search for Salvatore Sammut and Maria Zarb again like before but this time nothing shows up. I am a bit confused because the original record made sense in accordance to Angelo's ancestors but the updated one doesn't show any of his but shows Maria Cuschieri's. I don't know for certain who their Mother's were either

I also cannot find Marriage records from Zebbug on the maltaparisharchives for the time period

It is a bit confusing to explain but I have attached images below of the original record and then the updated one.

Thank you so much.

Répondre
Hello,

This marriage seems to have many issues.
I will add the original records when I will between a computer.

In the meantime the transcript is :
Maria daughter of Andrea CUSHERI and Maria PULIS, widow of Lazzaro XERRI son of Antonio and Maria MUSCAT
with
Angelo son of Salvatore SAMMUT and Maria ZARB, from Lija.

I will fix the entry.

On the first marriage of Maria CUSHERI, the mother is called Rosa.

Since we have also transcribe the baptism in Zebbug, you can find the baptism of Maria CUSHERI. On it, and on all her brothers and sisters, the mother is called Rosa.
Since Rosa PULIS is from Siggiewi, and we also transcribe the right period for the baptisms, you can find an "Anna Maria Rosa" in 1746-08-28.

I think it's her. She was using her third firstname as the main (very common practice), but the priest wrote down her second firstname on her daughter wedding.

N.
  Répondre
And here the photos.

I underlined the name to make the reading easier

N.

Pièces jointes Miniature(s)

Répondre
Ok, Thank you so much this is a lot more clearer now. Does this mean that my original findings of Salvatore Sammut and Maria Zarb remain true because their record also seems to not show up
  Répondre
Uhm, you aren't lucky  Wink

We removed by mistake the data between 1762 and 1780 in Zebbug.
We will readd them.

But, in the meantime, here is the original source
The marriage took place in Zebbug the 1776-09-15
Salvatore ZAMMIT SAMMUT son of late Giovanni and late Anna, from Lija
with
Maria ZARB daughter of Angelo and late Maria, from Zebbug

They wrote down ZAMMIT, but was strike, and SAMMUT was added.

N.
  Répondre
(25-09-2023, 08:17)NSV a écrit : Uhm, you aren't lucky  Wink

We removed by mistake the data between 1762 and 1780 in Zebbug.
We will readd them.

But, in the meantime, here is the original source
The marriage took place in Zebbug the 1776-09-15
Salvatore ZAMMIT SAMMUT son of late Giovanni and late Anna, from Lija
with
Maria ZARB daughter of Angelo and late Maria, from Zebbug

They wrote down ZAMMIT, but was strike, and SAMMUT was added.

N.

Thank you so much
  Répondre

Atteindre :

Utilisateur(s) parcourant ce sujet : 1 visiteur(s)