[Malte] Questions on legacies and marriage dowries
Hello all,

I have a few questions regarding legacies and marriage dowries in Malta. Has anyone on this forum had experience with legacies issues by the Curia?

I just want to ask, what is the process like? How does the Curia decide to distribute the legacies of a particular person and do they provide any documents that could identify the ancestor who created the legacy?

Of course, I have sent all these questions to the Curia and am awaiting their reply. In the meantime, since I am curious about the process itself, if anyone can share some general information on what legacies are and how they work, it would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance.
  Répondre
Hello,

Interesting questions.

I can show an example.
In Acta Originalia of the Magna Curia (available online), we can found "Inventories".

The first one is the « Inventorio dell’Eredita di Arcangelo MELLIOPATI » in 1553.

In attachement, I add the 41 pages of the inventory.

.pdf   Inventory.pdf (Taille : 5.28 Mo / Téléchargements : 5)

On it, we have the list of the children, I read Francesco, Leonora, Clarissa, Michele. Only Michele is an adult.
So we can found few pages later, that Manfredo MELLIOPATI, brother of Arcangelo had been the tutors of the 3 teenagers.

After that, 36 pages listing the inventory.

-----

By "legacies", you mean Beneficio / Gius Padronato ?

There is many transcriptions in the volumes 60 to 83 in Adami Collection
And Adami used them to create trees. 
I add an example : 
.pdf   Beneficio.pdf (Taille : 3.18 Mo / Téléchargements : 6)

So yes, I supposed they had to provide some proof like birth certificate, ...

N.
  Répondre

Atteindre :

Utilisateur(s) parcourant ce sujet : 1 visiteur(s)