[Malte] Francesco Xuereb - Born about 1839
Hello Everyone,

I'm New at this. I don't know how or if it works for me. (with over 20 years of research and no answers so far)

My Great Great Grandfather is Francesco Xuereb, (He was born 21 March 1939 Porto Salvo Valletta Malta????-Died?).

Desperately trying to find:

His Date of Birth?

Where he was born?

Date he was Baptised?

The Church he was baptised in?

The Date he Died?

The Date he was Burried?

Where he was Barried.

And if Possible his wife's detail. (Father Michele AGIUS and Mother Carmela AZZOPARDI)

This is what I know about him:

His Fathers name Salvatore XUEREB (born 28 January 1788,Where ?-Died?).

His Mothers name Paola XUEREB, (born DeGabrieli (Born?-Died?)Married 7 August 1825 in Qormi, Malta).

His Parents have 3 sons:1. Francesco (born c1839-died?). 2. Andre Laurent (b 14 May 1840 Malta - d 18 December 1894 Philippeville, Algeria)and 3. Cajetan Pascal (b 4 July 1848 Qormi/Pinto?, Malta- died?).

His Wife - Marianna Xuereb born Agius (born c1839-died?).

They Married 21 October 1855 Porto Salvo, Valletta, Malta (St Dominics)

They had two children: 1. Salvatore Xuereb my Great Grandfather (Born 21 March 1859 Porto Salvo, Valletta, Malta-Died?)2. Orsola Xuereb (Born?-died?).
  Répondre
Sorry Just about to finish the letter and must have touched the wrong button and lost everything.

Hello Everyone,

I'm New at this. I don't know how or if it works for me. (with over 20 years of research and no answers so far)

My Great Great Grandfather is Francesco Xuereb, (born 21 March 1939 Porto Salvo Valletta Malta????-Died?).

Desperately trying to find:

His Date of Birth?

Where he was born?

Date he was Baptised?

The Church he was baptised in?

The Date he Died?

The Date he was Burried?

Where he was Barried.

And if Possible his wife's detail. (Father Michele AGIUS and Mother Carmela AZZOPARDI)

This is what I know about him:

His Fathers name Salvatore XUEREB (born 28 January 1788,Where ?-Died?).

His Mothers name Paola XUEREB, (born DeGabrieli (Born?-Died?)Married 7 August 1825 in Qormi, Malta).

His Parents above have had 3 sons:1. Francesco (born c1839-died?). 2. Andre Laurent (b 14 May 1840 Malta - d 18 December 1894 Philippeville, Algeria)and 3. Cajetan Pascal (b 4 July 1848 Qormi/Pinto?, Malta- died?).

His Wife - Marianna Xuereb born Agius (born c1839-died?).

They Married 21 October 1855 Porto Salvo, Valletta, Malta (St Dominics)

They had two children: 1. Salvatore Xuereb (my Great Grandfather - Born 21 March 1859 Porto Salvo, Valletta, Malta-Died?). 2. Orsola Xuereb (Born?-died?).

Hopefully someone can help me.

And if anyone ever needs my assistance, Please do not hesitate to ask.

My email: vpxuereb(at)yahoo.com.au

Sincerely Yours

Vincent Xuereb
  Répondre
Do you mean 1838?Otherwise your dates don't match up.

Have you tried looking at the archives.maltadiocese.org website?

I'll take a look in a mo to see if I can find anything, but you may have already tried this.

All the best

Rachel Selway
  Répondre
Hi Vincent,

I checked the archives website. There is no baptism for that name and date (1839)in Valletta.

Which would lead me to believe that he was born in Qormi as that is where his parents marriage took place. 

Unfortunately there are no records apart from some in the 1600's for Qormi on the archive website, but on the geneanum website they have some baptisms from the census.

So I can find children for Salvatore Xuerub and Paola DiGabrieli, - Carmelo, Francesco, , Andrea all born sometime between 1817 and 1829 and Antonio, Francesco and Francesca between 1829 and 1842.

Which would mean that the first Francesco died, I assume and the second Francesco is yours.

No marriage for Francesco on the geneanum website, which would lead me to believe that he was married in Qormi. I don't believe Qormi has been transcribed by the team working on the geneanum website. You could ask Josyanne and see if she has a marriage on her database. As for deaths, I'm not sure why they would be important, but you could order his death certificate from the government https://secure2.gov.mt/certifikati/death.aspx and this would give you some more information on him.

Hope that helps

Rachel
  Répondre
Hello Rachel,

Sorry for the late response. My Children needed my help for a few days.

Thank you for your findings about Salvatore Xuerub? (Xuereb)and Paola DiGabriele's Children.

i.e. Carmelo, Andrea between 1817 and 1829 and Antonio, Francesco between 1819 and 1842

Is it Possible to tell me how you found them? I heard from someone else of more children.

If from Geneanum?? I registered and I made it my favourite but I cannot find it. too many favourites.

I like to be able to use the site. But cannot find it. For memory it looks like excel. Fill the Place, Dates, Names Surnames and nee names and it gives you the families between the dates you choose.

Deaths are important because The Family on the certificate. Newspaper Eulogy and more family names and partners.

You asked me to ask Josyanne and see if she have a marriages on her database. Sorry. Who is Jostanne?

How can I contact her Please?

Kind Regards

Vincent Xuereb
  Répondre
Hello Rachel.

Could you please tell me how you found the children?

Who is Josyanne? and how can contact her Please?

Regards

Vincent Xuereb
  Répondre
They are on the geneanum website under baptismshttp://en.geneanum.com/malta/databases/baptisms.html
  Répondre
And Josyanne is the administrator of the geneanum website.
  Répondre
Hi Vincent, In regards to your comment about deaths, the information on the death certificate - you are correct, there is more information, but on the church registers you normally only get, for instance, Antonio age 5 years son of Ignazio Gatt or whoever and the date of death. So it can be interesting to have the death dates, sometimes it shows a pattern if there are many infant deaths in one family, or if you want to find out if a man is continuing to have children but his wife has a new name and then you check the deaths to see if the first wife died but generally there is no more information that you are gleaning from the deaths recorded in the church registers.  At least not in my research.

All the best

Rachel
  Répondre
Josyanne n’est pas disponible pour un certain temps
  Répondre

Atteindre :

Utilisateur(s) parcourant ce sujet : 1 visiteur(s)