[Malte] Pons
Hi,

I am wondering if anyone can help.

I am looking for a Vincenzo Pons.

He married a Rosa Maria Antonia Emmanuella Cucciardi 9 Jan 1859 in Cospicua.

Rosa was chr. 24 Aug 1842 in Cospicua and I have researched her line, but I am stuck on the Pons line.

I know that Vincenzo's father was William (Guglielma)Pons or Bonz and his mother was Maria Paula Catherina Azzopardi b. 1799 Zurrieq, from their marriage record and that this couple had three sons, Vincenzo (as above), Antonio and Giovanni (I think I have this from the census, but no birth place or dates)

William and Maria were married 12 Feb 1820 in Valletta.

From William and Maria's marriage record, I know that William Pons/Bonz's parents were William and Antonia Figliolante.

And that is as far as I can get in Malta.

I know that Pons/Bonz is not a Maltese name and that this family probably came from elsewhere. Figliolante sounds Italian to me but I am not sure.

As I can find no chr. For William, I assume that he was the first to come to Malta and marry Maria Azzopardi, he was in the Military.

I am looking mainly for the chr of their three sons, Vincenzo, Antonio and Giovanni.

But if anyone has any comments regarding the Pons/Bonz name or where Figliolante comes from, I would love to hear it and see if I can continue my research on this family.

Many thanks

Rachel Selway, nee Gatt
  Répondre

Atteindre :

Utilisateur(s) parcourant ce sujet :