[Malte] Borg family tree
Hello there,

I hope that someone could guide me to find the information I need or be able to shed some light on things for me.

I am really struggling to find any information on my ancestors from both my parents side. At the moment my priority is to get as much details on my mother's family. My mum is 97 years old and although my mum believes that their parents had 18 children, her older brother had told his children that there were 21 children. My one and only discovery was that there were only 16 children in the family. That was by making contact with a church in Malta and the priest sent me the birth names and dates of births. He was not able to help me with further inquiries. I don't know if somehow they may have missed some as my mother always believed that there were 18 children.

I can't find anything on line about any of her siblings. There are 2 in particular that I would dearly love to get the correct information on as mum never stops talking about them. They were the 2 oldest girls who looked after the younger ones.

First born: Maria Carmela Cuschieri nee Borg born 1905 August 26. She immigrated to America and had 2 children. I would love to find details on when she immigrated and when she passed away and where. Any information would be appreciated.

Second born: Giovanna aka Jane aka Joan Borg. Born 1906 August 21. Giovanna did marry, possibly his name was Lawrence aka Wensu, surname is unknown. To mum's knowledge, Giovanna had a baby boy but baby and Giovanna passed away at birth in Malta. Again any information or confirmation of these details would be appreciated.

If there are photos that people come across that would be awesome.

My 97 year old mother has only one sibling alive. She is 91 and lives in Malta but she is not well and over the years wasn't able to offer any assistance with the rest of the siblings details. We don't live in Malta so I am not able to visit the churches to look the details up.

If anyone could offer any assistance, I would be so grateful.

Thank you and have a great day!

Maz
  Répondre
Hi

Do you know where they were born and what their parents names were,

Borg is the most common surname in Malta.

I can help you look at the records if they are online but you may want to look at the civil records, you can order records online
  Répondre
is there any place where we could see your family tree ?

Josyanne
  Répondre
Hello,

Thanks for your reply. I have a lot of information which I have gathered from relatives over the years some dating back as far as 1556, but there is a lot of names in information missing on the families down the line.

Both of my aunties Maria and Giovanna along with all the siblings were born in Hal Qormi Malta. Their parents names were George Borg born in Qormi 1882 and ?u?eppa Borg nee Gauci born in Rabat 1885.

We know that both Maria and Giovanna were married and know that Maria had 2 children and along with her husband Charles aka Carmenu immigrated to San Fransisco America. My mother cannot remember when they immigrated, nor does she remember when her siblings passed away. We know that auntie Maria's husband, Charles, re married when the children were young, so I am guessing that my auntie was rather young when she passed away.

We also know that Giovanna passed away giving birth to a baby boy, her only child, but do not know when.

My mother cannot remember all of her siblings names, when they passed away or if they were married and had children. We know some of them married and had children and some didn't. It is more the ones that my mother cannot remember that I would like to find out about.

It doesn't seem to matter what name I put into any of the search engines, I get nothing. If you are able to find anything online I would really appreciate it.

Have a great day!

Maz
  Répondre
Hi Josyanne,

I have a Wikki tree you should be able to see names and some information I have on there. http://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Special:Home

You may need to use the name Mariza Harris nee Borg. All these sites are really starting to do my head in.

Have a great day! yahoo_
  Répondre
found it

I am just surprised that the birth you give on your site is not registered in Curmi ?

http://www.geneanum.com/malte/bases/baptemes.html#

Josyanne

thanks I will have a look

in curmi

1882-04-24 BORG Georgius, Salvator, Joannes Maria son of Giovanni Maria and SCICLUNA Concepta

Josyanne
  Répondre
not found the mariages

BUT if you ask here - even without the exact date they will find it - you can pay by credit card normaly Under 3 or 4 days

and for a small price

https://secure2.gov.mt/certifikati/

Josyanne

those are the children of Giorgio and giuseppa GAUCI IN CURMI

1904-1917 BORG Grazia Georgius, Daniel, Paulus

1904-1917 BORG Agostina Georgius, Daniel, Paulus

1904-1917 BORG Carmelo Georgius, Daniel, Paulus

1904-1917 BORG Emanuele Georgius, Daniel, Paulus

1904-1917 BORG Giovanna Georgius, Daniel, Paulus

1904-1917 BORG Giuseppe Georgius, Daniel, Paulus

1904-1917 BORG Marianna Georgius, Daniel, Paulus

1904-1917 BORG Michele Georgius, Daniel, Paulus

1904-1917 BORG Paolo Georgius, Daniel, Paulus

1917-1926 BORG Agnese Georgius, Daniel, Paulus

1917-1926 BORG Gesuarda Georgius, Daniel, Paulus

1917-1926 BORG Giuseppe Georgius, Daniel, Paulus

1917-1926 BORG Lucia Georgius, Daniel, Paulus

1917-1926 BORG Melita Georgius, Daniel, Paulus

1926-1930 BORG Giorgio Georgius, Daniel, Paulus

1926-1930 BORG Giovanna Georgius, Daniel, Paulus

AND the parents

1864-1882 BORG Franciscus, Salvator, Petrus, Georgius Michele PORTELLI Giovanna

1864-1882 BORG Josephus, Carmelus, Angelus, Antonius Michele PORTELLI Giovanna

1864-1882 BORG Maria Carmela, Catharina, Rosaria Michele PORTELLI Giovanna

1882-03-13 BORG Georgius, Daniel, Paulus Michele PORTELLI Giovanna

1883-1894 BORG Lorenzo Michele PORTELLI Giovanna

1883-1894 BORG M'Concetta Michele PORTELLI Giovanna

1883-1894 BORG Paola Michele PORTELLI Giovanna
  Répondre
Hi Josyanne,

I am overwhelmed seeing this but at the same time confused as I am not sure why some of the names are different and why is Georgius, Daniel, Paulus added to them all. They seem to be the right names except my grandfather George so I guess that is how the spelled it back then. Also Marianna I guess would be auntie Maria. I take it the dates there are just the document dates that they are recorded on.

Honestly I am in tears, I have tried for almost 20 years and have never found this, but I guess I would not have thought it would be my family as I don't really understand how these records work. Although I have looked in that geneanum.com site, I could not work out how it works and always gave up.

Again, I am confused with the grandparents details in the bottom list. I guess I have a lot of work to do to try and decipher
where they fit, match the names to the spelling I have that is.

I cannot thank you enough for what you have done. I will look into the certificates like you mentioned.

Is the site you found these on in English or Maltese?

Will these sites be able to give me the date of death for my aunties and uncles and their families details as well. Sorry I don't mean to ask so many questions, I am just so exited.

Thank you again for your invaluable assistance.

Have a great day!

Maz
  Répondre
Hi Maz,

These are the Latin equivalent to the names.

Church records are written in Latin, government records in Italian.

I'll let Josyanne answer your other questions.

You may also want to look at archives.maltadiocese.net although the Qormi records aren't on there yet so you may have to order certificates from the government website till you get back a little further.

Good luck

Rachel
  Répondre
Hello Mariza

a bit more to add :

Michelle BORG was married in Curmi to Giovanna PORTELLI 22nd Jannuary 1871

I DONT HAVE THE NAMES OF THE PARENTS

ask it by the web to the government site

but i Found a Michele son of Giorgio and maria (GRIMA ?) married in 1824 in curmi

that Giorgio is the son of Tomaso an Pasqua CUTAJAR (married in 1779 in Curmia)

himself son of Giorgio and and Maria

you will find the baptsms in Curmi here

http://www.geneanum.com/malte/bases/baptemes.html

and the marriages here :

http://www.geneanum.com/malte/bases/mariages.html

it is in french but i believe that if you use 'Google chrome' you can have it in English

the bapt were given to a friend last year by the priest in Curmi -

Josyanne
  Répondre

Atteindre :

Utilisateur(s) parcourant ce sujet : 1 visiteur(s)