[Malte] GRECH ORR
Bonjour a tous,
Je recherche a Malte, des infos sur Martha Orr, d'origine Irlandaise, je ne sais pas si elle est née a Malte ou en Irlande.
Elle s'est marié avec John Grech de Ghajnsielem je pense dans les années 1920.
ils ont eu une fille Evelyn Grech Orr en 1924 née a Sliema.
Je cherche a remonter la famille Orr dans un premier temps.
Dans les demandes de passeport il y a 7 different Orr de 1925 a 1938 ce qui n'aide pas beaucoup. Big Grin
Je ne sais pas ou chercher concernant l'immigration et les arrivées a Malte avant 1900.

Bonne journée a tous.
Patrice
  Répondre
I'm not sure if it is 'your' Martha ORR, Patrice, or something you had seen already, but FindMyPast has a  Martha Carmela Cecilia Adelaide ORR baptized in Malta 5 Aug 1906, daughter of Guliemi [= William?] ORR and Teresce or Teresa or  Theresa CANCHI or GANCHI [= CAUCHI?].  I could not find the marriage of these parents anywhere else with any certainty , or the birth of Martha. 
Regards,
John

[quote = "patrice.dubarre2" pid = '5719' dateline = '1593946144']
Good morning all,
I'm looking in Malta for information on Martha Orr, of Irish origin, I don't know if she was born in Malta or Ireland.
She married John Grech of Ghajnsielem I think in the 1920s.
they had a daughter Evelyn Grech Orr in 1924 born in Sliema.
I am looking to reassemble the Orr family at first.
In passport applications there are 7 different Orr from 1925 to 1938 which does not help much. Big Grin
I don't know where to look for immigration and arrivals to Malta before 1900.

Have a lovely day everybody.
Patrice
[/ quote]
  Répondre
Good morning John,
Interesting find, do you know where she is born because i found this: https://web.archive.org/web/201804010249...ms1920.htm
and if it is the same person Martha 1906 i can have a looking for the military archive for William.
I have no access to findmypast.
Thank you for your message.
Patrice

(05-07-2020, 23:03)John Clemens a écrit : I'm not sure if it is 'your' Martha ORR, Patrice, or something you had seen already, but FindMyPast has a  Martha Carmela Cecilia Adelaide ORR baptized in Malta 5 Aug 1906, daughter of Guliemi [= William?] ORR and Teresce or Teresa or  Theresa CANCHI or GANCHI [= CAUCHI?].  I could not find the marriage of these parents anywhere else with any certainty , or the birth of Martha. 
Regards,
John

Good morning all,
I'm looking in Malta for information on Martha Orr, of Irish origin, I don't know if she was born in Malta or Ireland.
In passport applications there are 7 different Orr from 1925 to 1938 which does not help much. Big Grin

Patrice
[/ quote]

Good morning John,
Interesting find, do you know where she is born because i found this: https://web.archive.org/web/201804010249...ms1920.htm
and if it is the same person Martha 1906 i can have a looking for the military archive for William.
I did not pay attention but the CCA after Martha correspond to Carmela Cecilia Adelaide, good news  Big Grin
Patrice

(05-07-2020, 23:03)John Clemens a écrit : I'm not sure if it is 'your' Martha ORR, Patrice, or something you had seen already, but FindMyPast has a  Martha Carmela Cecilia Adelaide ORR baptized in Malta 5 Aug 1906, daughter of Guliemi [= William?] ORR and Teresce or Teresa or  Theresa CANCHI or GANCHI [= CAUCHI?].  I could not find the marriage of these parents anywhere else with any certainty , or the birth of Martha. 
Regards,
John

Good morning all,

Patrice
[/ quote]
  Répondre
Glad to help. On the web.archive website link you quote, I didn't (and should have!) look at the baptisms, which I had not found useful in the past, but went to so-called "mixed marriage" and "Maltese brides". I found my great grandmother's marriage here. I have attached copies of the transcripts from my searching FMP. Four transcripts, slightly different from each other, for the same person. The second two have more info on parents. With the baptism date, you should be able to get a copy of the birth certificate details from the GRO, maybe also a copy of the full Maltese certificate from Malta Registry. The latter has more detail, local spelling of parents' names, where they lived etc. Regards, John. 

(06-07-2020, 09:47)patrice.dubarre2 a écrit : Good morning John,
Patrice

Regards,
John

Good morning all,

Patrice
[/ quote]

Good morning John,
I did not pay attention but the CCA after Martha correspond to Carmela Cecilia Adelaide, good news  Big Grin
Patrice

Regards,
John

Good morning all,

Patrice
[/ quote]

Pièces jointes
.docx   Searched result for Matha Orr birth_baptism.docx (Taille : 1.4 Mo / Téléchargements : 8)
  Répondre

Atteindre :

Utilisateur(s) parcourant ce sujet : 1 visiteur(s)